Starting a company is tough, hard, and lonely, and founders have to make difficult decisions daily with limited information. Finding the right community, partners, and support network from the beginning is a force multiplier. We love to partner with founders during their early days of starting a company.
We optimize the outcomes of our portfolio companies by providing support around growth and talent management and granting founders access to our global network. We’ve built a network of engineers, designers, marketers, and investors who work together to provide these companies with exceptional support on the road to success.
We think in terms of founders, markets, and products. A great team, going after a big or growing market with a killer product.
We seek out companies that are capital-efficient, have a clear path to monetization, led by founders with a unique insight into the market, are mission-driven, and have a deep-rooted desire to win.
We are excited to partner with entrepreneurs building early-stage companies in the following verticals;
- Financial Services and Insurance – While we have had advancements in digital banking solutions, lending, money transfer, we expect to see a lot more advancement around wealth management, digital currencies, remittance, B2B oriented solutions such as Digital SMB banking, and insurance products that help people better manage uncertainty.
- Life Science and Health Tech – We have a broken healthcare system, and as such, it has become increasingly difficult for everyday individuals to access and afford quality healthcare services. We are seeking companies transforming the way we diagnose health issues, access healthcare, pay for it, and experience it; companies providing tools that help healthcare providers become more efficient and cost-effective.
- Edtech and Digital talent accelerators – Schools (Primary – Tertiary) need to be able to deliver classes, administer tests, gauge and track performance, engage the student community online. No single event should affect the delivery of education as severely as this has. As the revenue of companies dwindles globally, companies would seek new ways to reduce their cash burn whilst maintaining or improving outcomes. They would search for more cost-effective ways to deliver their products and services. This presents a huge opportunity for organizations providing skilled digital-native talent, as they can outsource this talent to companies across the world at a significantly lower cost.
- Enterprise SaaS – Businesses of all sizes are increasingly looking to better manage their business process, sales, and teams. Companies that were not leveraging software tools before now, will begin to do so. Consequently, they will optimize their process, reduce burn, and massively increase productivity and revenue.
- Digital Infrastructure Plays – Companies building digital rails and networks needed for the optimal operation of industries, enterprises, and more broadly speaking societies.
- AgriTech and Food security – Africa needs to move towards food security and sustainability. We need to leverage data and technology to massively increase production, reduce waste, and improve the whole agricultural value chain.
We’ve invested in 30+ companies that push the edge of what’s possible. In the fields of healthcare, financial services, agriculture, education, big data, and Internet Infrastructure. Our companies aim to improve their lives, change industries, and advance humanity.
If you are a mission-driven founder, building a capital-efficient business that democratizes prosperity, plugs infrastructural gaps, connects underrepresented communities, creates efficiencies, solves for non-consumption, and improves livelihoods, we would love to talk to you. Apply here.